A healthier twist on an Aussie favourite! These are super quick and easy to make and your kids can help make them.
ALLERGENS: gluten, dairy
INGREDIENTS FOR 12 BISCUITS
|1 cup (90g) rolled oats|
|1 cup (144g) whole meal spelt flour|
|1 teaspoon bicarb soda, sifted|
|¾ cup (50g) desiccated coconut|
|125g salted butter, chopped|
|2 TBS (20g) sunflower seeds|
|1/3 cup (80mls) honey or rice malt syrup|
|¼ cup water|
- Preheat oven to 160 Celsius or 140 Celsius fan-forced.
- Grease or paper line your baking trays.
- Combine the oats, flour, bicarb soda, coconut and sunflower seeds in a large bowl, and mix together well.
- Combine butter, water and honey in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of themixture into balls. Place 5cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten to about 1.5cm thick.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Loosen biscuits on trays while still warm.
- Cool on trays for at least 30 minutes before serving; they firm up when cool.